A great way to see the community gardens of Harlem.
Walk or bike.
Harlem gardens tour. Saturday, August 29th.
A message from the parks department:
We are delighted to report that the Parks & Recreation Dept. of NYC
will be supplying transportation ( trolley) for our upcoming Harlem
Gardens Tour. For those of you who might wish to bike, or walk, or
join along the way–or simply have a tour schedule in advance of the
tour, we’ve included the schedule here.
For further info, please call 212.662.2878, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll hope to see you at Harlem Green, rain or shine!!!
HARLEM GREEN: A Tour of Harlem Gardens
Saturday, August 29
1.The Joseph Daniel Wilson Memorial Garden, 219 West 122nd Street–10:00am (Breakfast)
2. Little Green Acresâ€”122nd & 8th Avenue–10:45am
3. The West 124th Street Garden –11:15am
4. The Clayton Williams Garden–8th Ave @ 126th St. –11:45am
5. The PBCâ€™s William B. Washington Garden –12:15pm
6. Harlem Rose Garden – 4 East 129th Street– 12:45pm
1:15-1:30 water break
7. Community Leaders of West 146th Street- 226-234 West 146th Streetâ€”1:30pm
8. Edgecomb Avenue Garden Park Sanctuaryâ€”339-341 Edgecomb Ave @ 149th Street: 2:00pm
9. The Convent Avenue Garden-151st and St.Nicholas–2:30pm
10. The William A. Harris Garden– 153rd and St. Nicholas–3:00pm