This year’s Memorial ride and walk, to pay tribute to all those killed on a bike in 2009, will be this Sunday, January 3rd.
There has also been a stop added to honor the recent death of DJ Reverend Soul, Solange Raulston.
More information below.
Sunday January 3, 2010
The Fifth Annual Memorial Ride and Walk
To Remember Cyclists and Pedestrians Lost on NYC Streets
Scheduled meet-ups and stops are subject to change:
ride/walk updates @ www.ghostbikes.org
& (day of ride) twitter.com/nyc_streetmem
Manhattan: 10:00am meet @ w145st & Convent Ave
* 10:25 memorial for Juan Espinoza-Navarrete – w133 & Amsterdam
11:00 Central Park South @ 7th ave. â€“meet-up
Queens: 11:30am meet @ Queensboro Bridge
* 11:55 memorial for Pablo PasarÃ¡n – 21st st. & 35th ave.
* 12:25 memorial for James Langergaard – Queens blvd & 69th st
* 1:35 memorial for Stephen Hodnett – Hillside & Jamaica
Brooklyn: 3:00pm meet @ Grand Army Plaza
* 3:25 memorial for Unnamed – 5th ave and Dean
* 3:35 memorial for Julian Miller – Greene & Washington
* 3:55 memorial for Dan Valle – Williamsburg Bridge
* 4:10 memorial for Eliseo Martinez – Moore & Bushwick
* 4:25 memorial for Aurelio Perez – Morgan & Harrison
* 4:40 memorial for Solange Raulston- Nassau & McGuinness
Ride/Walk Convergence: 4:45pm @ Manhattan Ave & Milton
* 4:55 memorial for Violetta Kryzak – India & Manhattan
* 5:05 memorial for Unnamed Cyclists & Pedestrians Killed in 2009
Gathering of family, friends, cyclists and pedestrians – 5:10pm
Greenpoint Reformed Church â€“
136 Milton, btwn Franklin and Manhattan Aves. Brooklyn
(G train to Greenpoint Ave.)