Saw this on the new face book group, Bike the Bronx.
May is Bike Month and there is a call for cyclists to be photographed for the upcoming 2011 ad campaign.
Looking for real NYC bikers and cycling enthusiasts to be photographed in a city wide print campaign.
OPEN TO ALL, ESPECIALLY:
- 2 men, ages 20-40, Caucasian, African American
- 2 women, ages 20-40, Caucasian, Asian
- 1 man, ages 40′s, Caucasian, Hispanic
- 2-3 women, ages 20-30′s, Caucasian, African American, Asian, Hispanic
- 3-4 men, ages 30-50′s, Hispanic, African American, Caucasian, Asian
- 3-5 women, ages 40-60′s, African American, Caucasian
- Mom and/or Dad, ages 30′s+, Asian, Hispanic
- 2 Kids, ages 8-11, Asian, Hispanic
- Grandfather or Grandmother, ages 60′s+, Asian, Hispanic
*All participants must have bike and helmet for the shoot.
CLIENT: NYC Department of Transportation and Transportation Alternatives
SHOOT DATE: 1/2 day either February 26th or 27th (weekend)
SHOOT LOCATION: Neighborhoods in Manhattan, Brooklyn or Queens
RATE: All volunteer, no financial compensation.
USAGE: Ads to appear in subways, bus shelters, and phone kiosks, bike month calendar events and internet. All usage is strictly to promote cycling in New York City only.
WHY: It’s a public service announcement campaign to raise awareness of cycling as a means of transport for commuters by demonstrating that it is fun, safe and easier than ever. Please see last years campaign at: Bikemonthnyc.com.
RESPOND: We are accepting photo submissions now. Respond to this ad and attach a photo of yourself, best if it’s you with your bike and helmet. We will release casting time and location after we receive your submission.